Please note this workshop is not a public event.
Fields of Interest Workshop
The workshop will be revising a mix of compositional strategies and implement them into a group-presentation. Strategies adressed should be such as: algorithmic music with and without computers, tuning systems, language and syntax, self-similarity and fractals, among others. The goal will be to create a playfully staged discourse about different possibilities of representations for compositional means, of which some can coexist and some wont. As a preperation for the workshop, every participant is asked to bring an introductional text about his current prefered field of interest. Laptops required.
1. Introductory presentation of recent Schmickler Fields of Interest, discussion (10.00-13.00).
2. FIELD OF INTEREST: Presentation of participants Field of Interest. Discussion on formal representational possibilities. (14.00-18.00).
3. Marcus Schmickler Solo Concert, Atrium, 8pm. (Open to the Public).
In preparation for the workshop: Please send me your *field of interest* topic and brief summary via email. Deadline: February 24th 2009
1. Create representation of the topics I. (10.00-13.00).
2. Create representation of the topics II. (14.00-18.00).
For the second day: Laptop with your audiotools required.
1. Presentation of recent Schmickler works (11.30-13.00).
2. Presentation and discussion of the workshops results - (14.00-18.00).